Jun 18, 2012

LESSology Challenge #15: Guest designer Lalo


Photobucket

Please give a warm welcome to our guest designer for LESSology Challenge #15: The Bookend Challenge - the lovely Lalo of Crafting in Lala-land.

Hello LESS-ology fans! I'm so excited that I get to share an up-cycle project with all of you. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lalo and I live in Hawaii with my four awesome kids. I love paper crafts and when I get to use it to up-cycle something it's like a bonus. I so love LESS-ology. You can always find some great ideas and the design team is just awesome.


So I don't know why but when Yvonne said bookends I instantly thought "bottles". I'm weird that way. So this is what my bookends project is all about.


I took two glass bottles and cleaned them up real good. Goo Gone is an up-cycle gals dream I'm telling you. Then I just jazzed them up with some Studio Calico embellishments and that's pretty much it. But how do I make them sturdy you ask? Well with a bunch of free sand. Yes it's free when you can drive to the beach. Just pored it into the bottles and they're not going anywhere. This project is super fast, easy, and looks fab on a shelf.


Thank-you for letting me share with you today and I hope you were inspired!

Oooh...what a clever use of those bottles Lalo! Please leave a little love for our fabulous guest Lalo! :)
 
We would love to see your entries for LESSology Challenge #15: The Bookend Challenge!  Please read our challenge rules to ensure eligibility for our prizes. :)

5 comments:

Laurel said...

I love your projects! So glad you could join us!

Lalo said...

Thanks for letting me share! I'm so very HONORED!!! LESSology ROCKS :)

Shahrul Niza said...

Precious bookends, Lalo! Lovely to have you guest designing with us. Hugs.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welcome Lalo!! SO excited to have you here with us this month!!! YAY!! And love love love love the bookend bottles!!! Soooooooooooo clever! LOVE them!!!

~amy~ said...

wahoooooooooooo Lalo:)