May 8, 2012

LESSology Challenge #14: Creative inspiration of Laurel Seabrook, Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam


Photobucket

Ready to check out our design teams's creative inspiration for LESSology Challenge #14: Birds of a feather? Let's see how Laurel Seabrook, Kirsty Vittetoe and Yvonne Yam interpreted the challenge.


Laurel Seabrook


Hi everyone, Laurel here with a really simple and inexpensive project for you today.  I picked up this little frame at a garage sale for only 25 cents as it was missing the glass and insert.  I used some of my pattern paper to alter it and then made a ribbon bow out of an old sheet.  I love how the torn sheet adds to the baby feel of this project.


A close up of the torn sheet bow.



Kirsty Vittetoe

Hello, this is Kirsty!
When I found something like this for 50 cents at the thrift store....


I knew I just have to get it because I know someday it will be put into good use
it is quite clean because it actually still has a piece of plastic attached inside


so there wasn't really not much "cleaning up" needed...
I could start dressing up with old book page, mist and stamps


I printed out the bird image (which I found online), cut and paste it on a piece of cardboard,
traced the image on a piece of patterned paper, cut and then glued it on...
And then layered with lovely stuff.............


of course my little birdie needs a crown....
and this little vintage wooden caddie is going to filled with lovely birthday gift for my girl friend


and that includes handmade "bird theme" cards, candies, flowers, 


and this little birdie pin cushion


hope you come play along with us!

Yvonne Yam

Hello friends! Yvonne here to show you the cute little mini album cover I did for my nephew.

Things you do mini album cover

I covered the MDF box with patterned papers and used bits and pieces from my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" stash. [Mostly pieces of packaging and found ephemera.]


Hope these projects have inspired you to start working on your LESSology Challenge #14: Birds of a feather projects....we would love to see them! Come back tomorrow for another round of creative inspiration! :)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these!!! You girls rocked it!!

Shahrul Niza said...

LOVELY projects. So inspiring! I'm gathering my ideas now :))

Lynnda said...

You ladies rock!!! Love all those projects... Interesting and wonderful creations... Amazingly done.... hugs..xoxo

~amy~ said...

awesome ladies!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and awesome project Yvonne and Laurel!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

All of you did a great job!!! All your projects are fantastic!