Mar 19, 2012

LESSology Challenge #12: Guest Designer Tracey Kelly


Photobucket

 Our guest designer for LESSology Challenge #12: Photo Block Challenge is the lovely Tracey Kelly.

Hello.......I'm Tracey, I live in Australia and I am so excited to be 'LESSology's' guest designer for this month.

My idea for this challenge was to create a picture frame for my wall..........I arranged my photos in a  "Block" pattern. I thought of each photo block (canvas) like a quilt block, decorating each one differently! I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of all the pattern paper, inking and adding some pretty lace and charms, just like you can do if you were creating with material to form a quilt block.


 

Here is what I created .........I thought of each photo block (canvas) like a quilt block, decorating each one differently. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of all the pattern paper, inking and adding some pretty lace.


I used an old Cork Board, painted the frame white and these are some of the recycle items. I used double sided tape to adhere paper to the cork.


Each square block is a mini canvas. This doily is from a table cloth I bought at a thrift store....is slowly getting smaller. 


This is my Grandmother on her wedding day........the butterfly is from an old necklace.


This little clip was given to her when she was baptised...... Her name is engraved on it.



Some pretty recycled lace.



An old tea stained doily, some charms from an old necklace. I used pearl pins to hold them in place on the cork board.

My Grandmother lived until she was 102.......


 I used an old necklace of mine to hang the picture.




I had a lot of fun making this for LESSology........thankyou so much to Yvonne, Angi and the rest of the DT for having me on your blog today.

I look forward to seeing what you create for this months challenge.

Happy Crafting! Tracey


Wow! What an awesome little tribute to her beautiful grandmother! Isn't it stunning? Please leave a little love for our guest Tracey. :)

P/s: Don't forget to play along with our current challenge - LESSology Challenge #12: Photo Block Challenge! It ends on Sunday April 1, 11.59pm EST. Please read the challenge rules to ensure your eligibility for our prizes.  

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow Tracey! This is just GORGEOUS!! I am so happy you are our guest this month!! I love those photos!! Such a beautiful family memoir!!

Shahrul Niza said...

OMG! Such a beautiful photo block, Tracey.

Lizzy Hill said...

Really, really lovely --- I've done something similar to a cork board, but not half as nice:):)

mandysea said...

thats stunning and very elegant!

Katy said...

This is beautiful! I love how you used the lace and the butterfly! What an awesome tribute to your grandmother! Love it!! :)

Rose said...

GASP!!! this is stunning!!!
wow 102 years old ?? how wonderful :)

Dora said...

This is amazing!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, love this vintage beauty!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Your projects are soooo beautiful Tracey! So happy to have you guest design with us! :)

Denise Price said...

Such a beautiful project! I love all the different bits of lace--they really add to the vintage feel.

Anonymous said...

It really is an awesome piece Tracey. A great way to incorporate your Grandmother's photos and own bits of treasure with other complimentary vintage flavoured treasures.

Linda said...

This is so gorgeous! What a treasure!