Mar 6, 2012

LESSology Challenge #12: Creative projects of Kirsty Vittetoe, Laurel Seabrook and Yvonne Yam


Photobucket

Ready to check out the creative takes on LESSology Challenge #12: Photo Block Challenge? Here are the projects from Kirsty Vittetoe, Laurel Seabrook and Yvonne Yam.

Kirsty Vittetoe



My 16 year old daughter is a big fan of movies in the 20's, music in the 40's, sometimes I think she is an old lady living in a young body! :) When I told her that I need to make a photo block, she gave me one of her favorite photo of Laurel and Hardy


 I start looking into my stash for things to recycle


a box that used to be the home of some lovely bloom sounds pretty good
paint the base black and there goes the photo of Laurel and Hardy
lots of patterned paper, black and white, I even used some magazine cutting
paint my tiny blocks black and a little bit of stamping
now just add embellishments


I think the quote is perfect for my stubborn little teenager



now my little 16 year old can take this photo block with her to college come September : (




Laurel Seabrook

For the challenge I used another one of the wooden blocks that my dad had laying around in his shop.  He sanded them for me and I love using them!  I painted and distressed the block, then used some pattern papers, stamps and embellishments and it was done.  I did fussy cut some of the roses from the pattern paper to lay over top of the photo.  Such an inexpensive gift, gotta love that!



Yvonne Yam

Hello there friends! It's Yvonne. I found some old wood blocks and made them into a fun home decor piece featuring pictures of my niece.


Photo blocks of Sophie

I covered 4 square blocks and 1 rectangular block with corrugated paper and then embellished with some My Little Shoebox patterned papers, a bottlecap, button, ribbon and twine.

Photo blocks of Sophie

I love that I can play around with the configuration of the photo blocks.


Let it stand alone as a fun decorative piece.


Or even a handy little paperweight! :)

Do you have ideas spinning in your head now? We would love to see your take on LESSology Challenge #12: Photo Block Challenge! Please read our challenge rules to ensure eligibility for our prizes. :)

10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome projects, Laurel and Yvonne!!!

Dora said...

That are great projects ladies, beautiful work!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME projects from Laurel and Yvonne! Love the darling photo cute!!

mandysea said...

just gorgeous work!! Love each of them, soo different from each other. wow to what can be done with blocks!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely AMAZING projects from everyone!! WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Seriously WOW!!

Ros said...

Terrific projects and very inspiring ...

~amy~ said...

FABulous work ladies!!!

Katy said...

These are great and inspiring projects!

Unknown said...

Man you gals are good! All different and very inspiring projects! I think I have to play...thinking...

Audrey Frelx said...

Ladies -- WOW!!!